Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Wordless Wednesday: Gone to the Dogs #20

Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.

Eliza and James Franklin Jollett  http://jollettetc.blogspot.com
My 2X great-grandfather James Franklin Jollett
his wife Eliza and their dog before 1930

This is probably the oldest dog photo in my collection.

Enough of this.  I’m dog tired.




© 2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

7 comments:

  1. It's always nice to see that our ancestor appreciated our pets like we do. Of course, there's no way they could have foreseen the way we spend money on ours or the entire industry that has been created such as the pet superstores! Wonder what they would think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would they think of all the pajamas for dogs and Halloween costumes for dogs??

      Delete
  2. Everybody looks so happy! Happy Thanksgiving to you guys, Ms. Wendy.
    Hugs,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and of course, no name for that doggie. =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I continue to be amazed at how many photos you have with dogs. It's too bad the names of the dogs aren't recorded but I think it's a tribute to kind-hearted people who include their dogs in photographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny -- now that I'm "done," I keep finding more photos. But really, I am done with this topic, at least for the near future. I agree -- too bad we don't have the names. I'd really love to know what my great-great-grandfather called his dog.

      Delete